Thursday, October 28, 2010

Saskatoon's New Ki Sum Cafe


New Ki Sum Cafe on Urbanspoon
This is my favorite place in town. It is probably the only Hong Kong style cafe in all of Saskatchewan. There are at least 200 items on the menu, with all different kind of noodle dishes, lo mein, soup noodles, rice, and hot pots. I always try to order something different each time I come here, and I haven't had anything I don't like. There's a section on the menu for various rice in hot pots. These dishes take about 30 minutes to prepare, so you might want to call ahead and order the dish in advance before coming in.




#22. Red Bean Ice with Coconut Milk




#31. Shrimp Sui Cao and Beef Brisket Noodle Soup




#140. Chicken and Chinese Sardines on Rice in Hot Pot




#142. Chinese Sausage and Chicken on Rice in Hot Pot
My favorite so far is their Beef Fried Udon in Black Pepper Sauce on Hot Plate. This dish has everything that I love: udon, beef, black pepper, on a sizzling hot plate! See it for yourself!

They also have a bakery section now, where you can get different kinds of Chinese pastries, like BBQ Pork or Curry Beef bun. I personally would always get a Wife Cake to take home, which is a pastry with thin flaky skin filled with sweet wintermelon and almond paste. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks really tasty Mariatta. I'll have to check it out sometime. What is udon? Also, if you're a foodie you should check out my friend Kristin's blog, she's a hardcore foodie and always posts interesting recipes: http://delishliving.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave. Udon is a kind of noodles, specifically Japanese thick wheat noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mariatta,

    I received your blog claim - can you email me directly at itea@urbanspoon.com? Because you log in to urbanspoon.com through facebook, we don't have an email for your account.

    Thanks,

    Itea
    itea@urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mariatta,

    I am currently working with SkipTheDishes, a local, startup that originated in Saskatchewan. I would love if you and I could talk about a potential blog post and a credit towards your first (or second/third/fourth if you have used the service before) meal.

    My email is: leanne (dot) king (at) skipthedishes (dot) ca

    I look forward to hearing from you,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete